Titleist debuts all-new six model 718 irons lineup
The new line of Titleist 718 irons – featuring the powerful distance and ultra-forgiveness of AP1, the tour-proven consistency of AP2, and the introduction of AP3, the longest, fastest Titleist players iron ever – provides dedicated golfers with the breakthrough technology and proven performance that have made Titleist the #1 iron on the PGA Tour since 2005.
Available in golf shops worldwide beginning Sept. 29, Titleist’s 718 iron lineup offers six models – AP1, AP2, AP3, T-MB, CB and MB – precisely engineered to meet the performance requirements of players at every level of the game.
Following their debut on the PGA Tour in late June, Titleist 718 irons are now being played across the worldwide professional tours. Justin Thomas won the PGA Championship playing a new set of 718 MB irons, while Jordan Spieth used a 718 T-MB 3-iron in winning the Open Championship.Titleist’s 718 iron lineup offers six models – AP1, AP2, AP3, T-MB, CB and MB
718 AP1 IRONS
New 718 AP1 irons are built for maximum distance and maximum forgiveness. Longer and more forgiving than the prior generation, 718 AP1 irons combine classic
Titleist look and feel with the game’s most advanced game improvement technology to produce an iron that is easy to hit, get in the air and stop on the green quickly.
- New progressive construction from hollow-body long irons to undercut cavity mid and short irons provides the best combination of distance and trajectory for each individually-designed iron.
- Thin, fast, unsupported face inserts generate explosive ball speed for more distance. Hollow-body long irons, inspired by R&D’s development of the Titleist Concept C16 iron models, maximise carry distance on longer shots into the green.
- High-density tungsten weighting produces a lower CG for higher launch with shot-stopping control. The high-MOI design – with an average of 58.5 grams of tungsten per head, placed low and in the toe of the long and mid irons – produces higher ball speeds across the face for more consistent distance on off-centre hits.
- Premium game improvement profile delivers the look, sound and feel that players expect from a Titleist iron. Improved leading edge pre-wear creates more efficient turf interaction for more consistent contact.
- Available irons: 4-P, 48º, 53º
718 AP3 IRONS
The all-new 718 AP3 is the player’s distance iron. An innovative hollow-blade design with high-speed face technology, AP3 merges everything R&D has learned from creating and advancing AP1 and AP2 irons to produce the longest, fastest Titleist player’s iron ever.
AP3 was also inspired by the development of Titleist Concept C16 irons, which taught R&D how to engineer breakthrough distance and forgiveness into a player preferred, smaller footprint.
- Hollow-blade construction combined with a thin, unsupported L-Face insert launches long and high with shot-stopping spin – even on longer shots.
- High-MOI design – with an average of 84.9 grams of tungsten per head, placed low and in the toe of the long and mid irons – produces higher ball speeds across the face, providing the off-centre distance performance of a game improvement iron.
- New, preferred player’s shape appeals to golfers needing distance and forgiveness while maintaining control and solid feel.
- Available irons: 3-P, 48º
718 AP2 IRONS
New 718 AP2 continues to raise the bar, improving upon the technology and performance that have made AP2 the gold standard of modern tour irons. The co-forged, cavity back design provides ultimate playability with consistent distance and forgiveness, packaged in a tour-validated profile that delivers pure forged feel.Titleist 718 AP2 Irons
- A thinner forged body and face insert constructed of high-strength spring steel increases launch and ball speed for more distance. An improved CG progression, with a lower and more centred CG in the long irons, improves speed performance on off-centre hits for precise distance control on every swing.
- Forgiveness and stability are delivered through precise perimeter weighting and a unique co-forged construction pioneered by Titleist R&D, with an average of 57.4 grams of high-density tungsten placed in the heel and toe of the long and mid irons. New high-density tungsten caps co-forged into the perimeter further increase MOI for maximum forgiveness at the AP2’s constant, tour-preferred blade length.
- Tour-preferred profile offers proven look, sound and pure forged feel with a refined leading edge for more efficient turf interaction and consistent contact.
- Available irons: 3-P, 50º
718 T-MB IRONS
The ultimate utility iron, 718 T-MB has grown into a full set of uniquely designed irons that deliver effortless distance at every loft in a technical, muscle-back shape.
Initially developed as a high launching, player’s long iron, the hollow-body, multi-material design of T-MB produces a powerful combination of high launch and forgiveness with a playable trajectory.
- Advanced hollow-back construction with thin, unsupported L-Face insert allows the face to flex more at impact, increasing launch and speed for more distance.
- The most high-density tungsten in the Titleist 718 lineup – with an average of 93.9 grams precisely placed in the heel and toe – optimises launch and spin to produce higher shots that go far and land soft.
- High-MOI design increases off-centre ball speed for forgiveness while delivering stability and tour-validated feel. Improved leading edge pre-wear creates more efficient turf interaction for more consistent contact.
- Available irons: 2-P, 50º
718 CB IRONS
New 718 CB irons continue Titleist’s legacy of delivering tour-proven performance in a sleek, cavity back profile, delivering precision shot control with added forgiveness through the game’s most high-tech blade construction.
Titleist 718 CB Irons
- Classic but modern cavity back packed with high-density tungsten – an average of 74.8 grams precisely placed in the heel and toe in the long and mid irons – creates higher ball speeds across the face for more consistent distance on off-centre hits. New tungsten caps co-forged into the perimeter further increase MOI for maximum forgiveness without the loss of workability or shot control at the CB’s constant, tour-preferred blade length.
- Optimised CG heights, low with a slight progression up through the set, deliver precise, tour-proven trajectory, while increasing the sweet spot for solid feel.
- Available irons: 2-P
718 MB IRONS
A classic muscle back designed for today’s game, new 718 MB is the modern choice for those players desiring maximum shot control with a traditional forged look and feel.
Titleist 718 MB Irons
- Advanced muscle-back design delivers tour-proven flight with maximum shot and trajectory control. Strategically designed CG locations deliver superior shotmaking and responsive feedback.
- High muscle-back weighting, optimally positioned behind the sweet spot, provides pure, forged feel on every shot. Each MB iron is forged from a single billet of carbon steel for the purist look, sound and feel.
- Available irons: 3-P
HIGH PERFORMANCE STOCK SHAFT MATRIX
718’s high-performance stock shaft matrix includes all-new premium aftermarket options, including three new True Temper AMT shafts with tour-proven ascending mass technology.
The new AMT Red (AP1), AMT Black (AP3) and AMT Tour White (AP2) models provide lighter long iron shafts for launch and speed and heavier short iron shafts for control in specific weight ranges matched to the target players for AP1, AP3 and AP2.
The new Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Red AMC (Ascending Mass Concept) graphite shaft with ascending mass technology is also available as a stock option for AP1.
True Temper Project X PXi (T-MB), Project X LZ (CB) and Project X (MB) round out 718’s premium stock options. In addition, Titleist offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices.
New Titleist 718 irons will be available in golf shops worldwide beginning Sept. 29, with fittings beginning Sept. 1st 2017.
Titleist 718 AP1
* Steel: SRP A$189 per club // NZ SRP $209 per club
* Graphite: SRP $140 per club ($1,199/set of eight) // NZ SRP $165 per club
Titleist 718 AP2, AP3, CB, MB
* Steel: SRP A$249 per club // NZ SRP $277 per club
* Graphite: SRP A$289 per // NZ SRP $319 per club
Titleist 718 T-MB
* Steel: SRP A$369 per club // NZ SRP $399 per club
* Graphite: SRP A$409 per club // NZ SRP $439 per club